Tuesday 10 September 2013

Finn's Collections: praise the versatility :)

Hi again friends:)
Its a very important day for me as a designer: today both here and on Prima blog we are posting projects showcasing Mechanicals, Elementals and Vintage Vanity Collections:) I can't wait to share my layouts - and to see the projects of wonderful, talented Prima Design Team!
From this time expect more "inspiring stuff" coming around 10th of the month. I hope this special feature will give you more ideas what you can do with the products from my collections!

When I was working on these collection I had one particular thing on my mind: versatility. I was hoping to create something that will suit not only my needs (of course!) but artists and crafters of many different styles. Especially Mechanicals are the products that can be used for almost anything starting with jewelry, altered art, mixed-media projects through cards, tags, scrapbook pages... and more. They were meant to be mixed and matched not only with each other but also other popular embellishments, flea market findings, vintage objects - whatever comes to your mind!

Today I've got 2 projects for you on my blog - and much more is waiting for you here, on Prima blog! Check it out and let me know what you think - which project was the most inspiring for you? Which way of using Mechanicals, Elementals and Vintage Vanity seems to be the most inspiring? Please let us know!

OK, time for sharing: Let's start with something more freestyle, celebrating the color, white space and crazy stamping - one of the paper layouts I've made recently...

journey



Supplies: Prima Marketing: Vintage Vanity Collection: stamps and A4 Journaling Paper Pad, Elementals - 12x12 Resist Canvas - Checked, Resist Canvas Border Strips, Mechanicals - metal embellishments. Luminarte - Primary Elements, Ranger - Archival Ink, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L - 3D Foam Squares, some tea stain, thread, glue, masking tape, staples and pins.

And now, in contrast, something super dark, rich and grungy - Altered Rocking Horse - one of the samples from "Everyday Treasures" class I keep teaching this year in several locations :)

altered unicorn

Supplies: Prima Marketing: Mechanicals - metal embellishments (clock faces, trinkets, flowers, gears, numbers and numerlas, washers and cogs), Luminarte - Primary Elements and Silks Acrylic Glaze, canvas, lace, pebbles, wooden cogs and chipboard rocking horse (Scrap Matrix).

I hope to hear back from you - it would help me a lot to know what are your wishes about my collections :)
See you very soon - and enjoy!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I love both of these, very much! I agree that the new Mechanicals are quite versatile..I find myself wanting to add them to every project :) :) thank you for creating such amazing and unique products!

Aurelie said...

WOW! Amazing work as usual!! Truly inspiring!!

Words and Pictures said...

Two more fabulous creations... that rocking horse is out of this world, and the composition on the pages is wonderful.

I'm in love with the Mechanicals - they're so versatile, but those Vintage Vanity stamps are going to become completely necessary in my stash!!

Off to Prima to have a look what else you've been doing...
Alison x

Dziwolonk said...

Layout jest świetny! Dynamiczny i kolorowy. Białe tło w połączeniu ze stemplowaniem, szalonymi nitkami i wszystkimi dodatkami - mio-dzio!;)

Paivi said...

Loving all your stencils/masks and really looking forward to experimenting with them when possible! And so great to have versatile stuff ready, like the Mechs, just in case inspiration strikes. Inspired by your work! Xx

Maura said...

Awesomeness! In love with your rocking horse!

Wilma Voermans said...

Wowwww, that LO is super! The horse also, but the LO let me keep looking for a long time, love it!

Cathy McGrath said...

Your work is so inspiring...so much to look at. Your attention to detail is supreme!

Ava Gavloski said...

always a delight and magical visit to your blog to discover your creations,,,,thanks

Thuria said...

Wahou! Awesome! I love them both.

Janene said...

Oh Finn.. That canvas.. Beautiful!!! Your products are more versatile than people realize. After taking some of your classes I saw first hand how Sunrise Sunset could be any color palette. Love it all. thanks

Primitive Seasons said...

WOW WOW WOW!

Anne said...

Hi, Finnabair! I've been a fan of your work for some time and have saved your work to Pinterest and Curiator. Very excited to see you will be teaching in LifeBook 2014! Looks like it will be a wonderful class! ♥

Absurdistika said...

Феерично! Изумительно!

LindaS said...

Gorgeous work. Love the colors and texture. You rock.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...