Tuesday 19 November 2013

Splashing, dripping, watercoloring - Time Just for Me

Don't get me wrong: I LOVE teaching. I like travelling and I just love meeting people - they give me the biggest kick and loads of inspiration. But...
I do need some time "just for me", when I can play, experiment, create carelessly, not thinking about deadlines, guidelines, expectations. I guess this is what the layout below is about...

Time just for me

I had my best time ever experimenting with Ranger Distress Inks (As far as I remember - Pumice Stone and Broken China), some gesso, my Prima Doily stencil (well, yes, they are addictive!) stamps and scraps of Vintage Vanity papers, and whatever was on the table including old lace, doily, 3D Foam Squrares and piece  from E-Z Runner (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L).



Again - I was exploring the possibilities of free hand writing and doodling - I love, love soft pencils. There's nothing I can do about it! I'm really tempted to start to draw again, as I did at school during the boring lessons and moments when I should been studying...

Anyway - here is something in more-less the same colour palette, layout made as a sample during one of my "Splash!" classes. What can I say - a bit of Prima  MechanicalsElementals, Vintage Vanity - all in one. And a lot of tea and Ranger Distress Stains :)

Ira - Splash class

These projects - as many others were posted on Sizzix.uk blog - check this blog from time to time to find loads of paper crafting, scrapbooking and quilting inspirations!
See you soon again!

10 comments:

Seth said...

Amazing pieces as always. And I totally agree that having time to experiment and play is both important and fun!

Theresa said...

love Ira. totally cool layout. thanks as always for sharing.

Words and Pictures said...

Beautiful inky effects and fabulous composition in both pieces. So glad you found some time just to play!
Alison x

Linda Simpson said...

These are amazing and I can totally appreciate you wanting to take some "me" time. December I plan on doing crafting for me for a change.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Svjetlana said...

Gorgeous work. Love your splattered inks and the colours are just perfect.

Thuria said...

Light and beautiful LOs!!!!

Véro said...

so beautiful, just as all you do
i love
Véro

Lizzyc said...

Exquisite, amazing!

Unknown said...

Beautiful creation Finn. Very inspiring

craftytrog said...

I love that colour palette Ania! These are both beautiful works of art!
Alison xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...