Friday 31 October 2014

Carpe Diem!

Hello, Friends!
Today we have Monika presenting another of her breathtaking layouts. I must say that I love her creative process, too! :)

Hello, everyone,
today I'd like to show you a very simple technique to create a multilayered and multicolored layout.


Before we start, I need to tell you a little secret - when I create my works I never have any final effect in mind. Very often I change my ideas on the way and never know what I will end up with. :)


And here's how I created my layout:
My base was Scales resist canvas that I attacked with stamps, inks and embosing.
Then I took the Netting stencil and used 3D Matte Gel.
I added my first color using Honeycomb stamp and Vermillion Archival Ink.


That was the moment when I started adding my layers. I must admit that I found it very difficult to cut this gorgeous White Hot paper and glued bits of it using Soft Matte Gel.

I wanted all the edges distressed and to do that, I used my scissors to make them uneven and added some Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
I also used some bits of lace and Tim Holtz paper tapes that I can't live without.


To make my textures richer I added some White Crackle Texture Paste here and there and clear gesso that let me leave some the patterns from the papers still visible and safe from all the spraying.

And then it was time for my favorite part - the colors!
I used Glimmer Mists and as usual I sprayed and sprayed until I reached the effect that satisfied me. :)


Then, I decided to add a piece of paper with die cut flower pattern and the cherry on top - amazing metal embellishments...


I also found the courage to finally use new Finnabair Art Ingredients for the first time Gold Rush Glass Glitter and Crystal Glass Beads. Was it worth trying? Absolutely!
I was so pleasantly surprised with the fantastic effect I got thanks to 3D Matte Gel and these tiny sparkling beauties!


Finally, I added some more stamping including one of my very favorite stamps - Adverts.
Then some Solar Gold Silks paint and the words cut out in foam.


I hope you like my project. I got carried away by the inspiration and creating this layout I completely forgot about the world around me, plans, things to do...
This is the best feeling, wouldn't you agree? :)


Materials used:


8 comments:

Dawnll said...

Just spectacular! Thank you for sharing all the layers and process of designing.

corinne de france MARCH said...

belle page , je vais m'en inspirer ;-)

Margiù said...

beautiful !!!

Unknown said...

I love it. The colors are spectacular.

qlkowa said...

Uwielbiam podglądać proces tworzenia, dzięki za taką możliwość:)

selena said...

magnifique page, j adore.

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow! What a gorgeous layout! Love the burst of colors and all the texture!

Julie Lee said...

Wonderful colours and amazing textures! This is so beautiful and effective.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...