Friday 17 October 2014

Heart To Heart

Hello, Dear Friends!
Are you having a good Friday? I know I am!
All thanks to the French Force from my Creative Team (a.k.a. Carole) who is presenting another stunning artwork today! :)


Hi! How are you, everyone?
I'm so happy to be posting here again! After so many magnificent artworks of my fellow Creative Team artists, this month I'd like to show you my layout made with Art Basics, Art Ingredients, and metal embellishements from Finnabair products!
I used a lot of sparkling Glitter and Mica Flakes!!! With Christmas approaching, I hope you will feel tempted to use these products in your works!


If you know me, you know I'm in love with the light, everythings that glitters, yellow & black color combo and... my daughter! She inspires me so much!!!
I really want to capture all the precious moments of our life in order to keep all the beautiful memories.

I am also passionate about photography and this summer I had the pleasure to photograph my daughter and her best friend Elia. During our photo shoot I really wanted to capture these moments of a budding friendship and their connection.

These two met two years ago and unfortunately, they can only meet during the summer. Hence the theme of my piece - distance and time can't break them away, their friendship is so strong.

And here's how I created my layout:

I started by taking a page from black Bazzill. I think black makes the photos stand out really well and works perfectly with the glitter and everything that sparkles.

I then cut and tore the pieces of paper in an irregular manner and I grouped them on two opposing sides of my page.

I created my layout and glued all the pieces.
I distressed the edges with black gesso to add some harmony and blend the pieces of paper with the background.


Then, I went for the all the sparkling things. I diluted soft matt gel with water, not too much, we don't want it to become too watery.

I shook my brush over my page to drop big drops and drips and before it dried, I covered them with glitter and mica flakes.


I dyed a piece of lace with Sorbet Color Bloom.
I also applied this Color Bloom onto my paper and I let dry. I used it later to draw there flowers and feathers.


I took some metal embellishments for decoration. I cut a leaf element in half with my scissors. I covered the edges with yellow and black acrylic paint. Finally, I applied the gel on the edges and I sprinkled it with glitter.


I finished by layering a few pieces of paper and lace under my hand-drawn flowers that I arranged around the photo of the girls.


I added my journaling with a white gel pen.


I wanted to create the sense of movement reflecting the two girlfriends walking forward!
I also wanted to make a contrast between the dark and the light, trying to make the most of the warm feeling of the picture provided by the glitter, yellow ink and the flowers.


I hope this page inspires you and makes you want to sprinkle your life with all that glitters!!!

Materials used:

8 comments:

criscolores said...

Beautiful!!! Tnx for share!

Linda M. Cain said...

Fabulous project Carol!

famillemarleau said...

It's very beautiful. Great tutorial. Thanks for sharing, Johanne Lacombe

Helen said...

Fabulous!!

ScrapBazaar said...

Wow! J'aime beaucoup ça! Merci pour le tutoriel!

selena said...

quelle magnifique page plein de lumiere et de chaleur!

Unknown said...

Świetna praca :)

Unknown said...

Stunning work

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...