Monday 23 February 2015

Freedom Is A State of Mind

Happy Monday, Everyone!
I just love Monika's new project - first of all, she proves in her tutorial that you don't have to spend hours to create an amazing looking journal page and secondly... it makes my heart sing to see my new "art babies" in action! :)
Oh, and Mr Fox is "Just Perfect", don't you think? ;)


 
Hello!
Today I'd like to show you how to create a quick mixed media art journal entry.
I had a chance to create with new Finnabair products and believe me... it wasn't easy to decide which stamps and stencils to use first... ;)


I decided on a white base, I glued a page from a vintage prayer book using glue and a band-aid that has a fantastic texture. Then, I covered everything with a coat of Heavy White Gesso.


I used White Hot paper from Sunrise Sunset collection - I cut it into small pieces that I stapled together. Then, I added a thin coat of of White Gesso again.
I printed my photo and distressed its edges with the scissors. I added some color to the edges using a tea bag and also squeezed it a little bit to leave drops on my papers and create some nice stains.


Then I applied Light Paste through a new Grungy Grid stencil and dried it with a heating tool.
I decided to use two new stamps - Don't Forget To Fly and Messy - and what can I say... It was love at first sight! I just adore these stamps!


I glued my stapled paper composition in my journal and reached for another new product that I just had to try out right away - Copper Mica Powder. I delicately sprinkled the powder over my work and sprayed it with water. It created really beautiful stains. I added some more stains making drops with Old Paper Distress Ink and diluting it with water.
Then, I added metal brads and flowers, some thread and a frame by Tim Holtz with stamped word "Freedom" from this set.


And then it was time to add the photo and glue the whole composition in my journal - ready!



I had so much fun and I hope you like my project!
Have a great week!
Monika

Materials used:

7 comments:

Gryczová Denisa said...

Love it!!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful page!!! I love it!!! Thanks for sharing.

dagmarakos.blogspot.com said...

coś wspaniałego!

LucianaW said...

Beautiful! Thanks for inspiration!

Kathy Bradley said...

Your journal page is beautiful. I love the awesome DP you used and I love the picture of Mr Fox - very debonair! Thanks for sharing.

Linda M. Cain said...

I LOVE this Monica. It's so unique!

~Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...