Monday 16 May 2016

Remembering A Boy

Happy Creative Monday, Everyone!
I'm so happy to start a new week with Linda's new collage that will surely melt your heart and hopefully tempt you to create your own keepsake with a photo of someone special in your life...
Enjoy and feel inspired!

p.s. Do you remember about our quote challenge? You still have time till May 21st to submit your works. We can't wait to see you there! :)


Hi everyone. I’m back again with a vintage collage to share with you.
I love working with the old pictures from the Ephemera Vintage Collectibles set, and this one just called to me. Little boys are always so sweet at this age. They love things like arrows and rocks, gears and knobs, strings and kites... and they will forever remain in our Hearts at this wonderful age, where time stands still.

So this is my collage for little boys remembered; mine and yours alike. I hope you enjoy the process.


1. I started with a wooden flat panel for my substrate. Using the Rust Effect Pastes, I brushed them on in a random pattern leaving lots of open space. I then added several colors of Art Alchemy Metalliques creating contrast.


2. When dry, you can see the wonderful gritty pieces that create the rusty effect. I used a dry-brush technique to add the lightest color, Gold Rust, and some Light Patina Metallique paint. I added Opal Magic Paints very, very lightly, too.
Heavy Black Gesso is great for adding an edge.


3. I loved the Light Patina blue, but wanted another "shade" of blue as well. I dry-brushed some Rich Turquoise blue onto areas.
Then I broke up the color with some Heavy White Gesso stamping using my favorite Chicken Wire stamp from the Net and Wire set.


4. I painted the Heart Locket with Gold Rush Metallique paint, and used markers to add color to the Boy with the Basket photo from the Ephemera Vintage Collectibles set.


5. It is so easy to remove the back of the Locket, trace and cut out a background paper, and then create your collage. I added paper pieces, rub-ons, 3 colors of Micro Beads, and a Mini Star.


6. Next you need to start laying out your ephemera pieces to get an idea of your design.


7. The Chipboard word Moments takes the Metallique Paint really well.
The handmade paper is something I've hoarded for quite some time, and it seemed to fit perfectly here using the Matte Gel.


8. The metal pieces are painted with Black Gesso first and then Metalliques acrylic paints.
I added metallic gold thread to the background using Marta’s technique, by laying it out and tacking it down in spots with gel.


9. Some of the metal is left in their original silver state. I love how the arrow turned out with the Blue and Green paints.


10. The entire composition is glued together using 3D Matte Gel and Heavy Body Gel.


I hope you find inspiration here to create a piece of your own using pictures of a loved one or vintage pictures from a collection.
This Heart Locket is perfect for that added centerpiece in a collage or wall hanging.

Your Friend in ART,
Linda

Products used:

6 comments:

Candy C said...

Gorgeous, Linda!!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Loving this Linda especially those rusty tones and heart central focal piece . Tracy x

Moje Wytwory said...

Beautiful work. Gorgeous details and tecnics stamping by heavy white gesso :)

carol watson said...

Wonderful, love it!

Annie said...

Such a fabulous make with wonderful details. Thank you for sharing such an inspiring step by step too

Annie x

Unknown said...

Linda you are always an inspiration and this project is absolutely over the top Just like you!!!!
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...