Wednesday 3 May 2017

Creating Outside The Box

Hi all!
This is not the first time I've been invited to take part in a collaborative project - but "Find Out Fridays"   - a series of videos from artists all over the world gathered together by the creative mastermind - Donna Downey - made me really excited!

What is the challenge about?
Well - the first fun part is - the mysterious box! Who doesn't like surprises like that?
Just this concept alone gave me goosebumps and my fingers started to scratch the table impatiently... but there is more!

With the art supplies I'd find in the box I was asked to create a project - no cheating at all!
Good thing other art supplies were allowed 'cause limiting myself to just 4 ingredients would surely kill me... ;)

Finally - I am not the only one using the same supplies and taking part in this challenge - the same set was sent to talented Tracy Verdugo and Jamie Dougherty and it was very hard for me not to watch their videos before starting!

I have to admit the content of the box was not an easy task for me... but here is what I eventually came up with:
It is not my go-to choice to work with watercolors, but I love how versatile they are and the beautiful effects you can achieve with them.
If you're curious how I used them, what other products were there in the mysterious box from Donna and how this journal page happened - check out the video below!



Take a look at the full post on Donna's blog.
I'm sure you will love watching the inspiring videos of other artists Donna gathered round in her 'Find Out Fridays' series and maybe feel inspired to play like that with your art friends too! :)

http://donnadowney.typepad.com/simply_me/find-out-fridays/

For me, it was a lot of fun, it was challenging and it certainly was something that took me out of my comfort zone 'box' (!) :)
But I'm sure you know that by now - I love creative challenges and concepts that make me push myself and check what more (or different) I can do. Who knows where this experiment is going to take me...?

I hope you enjoyed the project and my short video - I myself had a really great time!
Have an artful week, everybody!


5 comments:

corinne de france MARCH said...

<3 +++++++++++

olushka-design.blogspot.com said...

Amazing creation! You're so talented!

selena said...

magnifique! Merci pour la vidéo!

Unknown said...

Love this lovely colours 😊

mamablitger said...

Lovely layout. I enjoyed so much to watch the process. Thank you for sharing your inspirational video!! ����❤️
Hugs from Monica
Spain

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...