Wednesday 17 May 2017

Enchanting Shades of Blue... Impasto Paints !

Hi my dear friends!
In the last days there was a lot happening in my creative life - release of the new products, announcement of my classes for the next months including very busy Summer Tour in the USA - and finally information about my product hitting the shelves of Michaels Stores in USA and Canada.
Wow, a lot to take in, indeed!

Today I wanted take abetter look at the new Art Alchemy Impasto Paints. Mainly because I couldn't resist and I had to put them on my table and create... they are delicious! Creamy, thick, so strongly pigmented and opaque! Perfect for painting and creating texture - hey, this is what Impasto is all about, right? Let me show you the video I've made again...


Those of you who love painting with fingers - like me - will just love this range of paints. They are so easy to blend, so intense in colours... I seriously can't wait to see what you will create with them!

So, when my sample tubes of paint arrived - I had to play with them... I had the best time ever creating my little collage for the release blogpost - the one you can see in the video above. I loved the deep tones of the paint, how easy it was to layer colours, cover darker tones with lighter ones - so I wanted to do it again!

I thin it is easy to see why shades of Cobalt, Jade and Azure are absolutely addictive!!!
I took my canvas and started painting. Soon there was a new project happening and I just went with the flow - here is the result, my a bit oriental Fairy Queen. I love this transformation of one of my old family photos (simply laser-printed on photocopy paper) - she got a brand new personality!
I combined the look of the Impasto Paints with my Art Alchemy Metallique Paints and finishing touches of Metallique Waxes. Perfect combo, amazing contrast and play of light and shadow - I can see more of this combo in my future projects!

I seriously loved these projects - so I made a quick decision and turned my Fairy Queen into a new class available. I hope you will like this choice and will join me in the classroom - I'd be more than happy to share my enthusiasm for these techniques with you! You can have a look at this project in the video I've made yesterday too: this is a recording of my Facebook Live - Presentation of Art Alchemy Impasto Paints.You can start around 3.05 s as the beginning is just getting ready ;)


I hope you are as excited as I am about my new art babies - this is another dream coming true for me and I can't wait to explore all the possibilities of using this product line!

Wishing you all a great creative week

4 comments:

Heather said...

they look amazing! Looking forward to creating with them. beautiful examples.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to get some of these new products they look awesome 😊

Gitte said...

Wow awesome.

CarolynPhi said...

How do I subscribe to your mailing list?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...